Cabochon Setting | Bezel : 1 Antique Gold Cabochon Setting with 18x25mm Domed Glass Cabochon | Gold Bezel Setting with Glass -- 9375.C8
Cabochon Setting | Bezel : 1 Antique Gold Cabochon Setting with 18x25mm Domed Glass Cabochon | Gold Bezel Setting with Glass
Material: Alloy -- lead & nickel free -- & Glass
Pendant Size: Approximately 39x29mm
Hole size: 2mm
Color: Antique gold color plated
Cabochon Size: 18mm x 25mm
Quantity: 1 setting with glass cabochon
Here’s what you will need:
Diamond Glaze or 3D Crystal Lacquer (clear layer between glass and image)
Decorative Paper or your own images
Scissors or paper punch
Grab a nail file, it will be handy! (we like the foam block style)
Modge Podge and paint brush
This is going to be much easier than you ever imagined and so much fun!!!
1) Select a piece of decorative paper or a printed image to use.
2) If this is the first time that you’ve used your glaze or lacquer, you will need to cut off the tip (no more than a few millimeters).
3) Turn your glaze or lacquer container upside down so that the nozzle is down over the glass. Don’t squirt any out just yet, give the air inside the bottle time to rise; this will decrease the chance of getting air bubbles. Apply a thin, even layer. I usually apply a little glaze and then use the tip of the container to spread it around evenly, applying more glaze as necessary.
4) Now, go ahead pick up your glass cabochon and place it onto the paper so that the decorated side is in the glaze. Gently adjust the glass so that it’s centered. Just apply enough pressure to release any air bubbles. Let this set for a couple of hours.
5) Once dry, trim the excess paper. You may also use the foam block nail file to gently sand off the excess paper from around the edges.
6) Brush two layers of Modge Podge over the back side of the paper. This will seal the image so that the inks will not bleed. You can also coat with your glaze or lacquer to seal. Allow this to dry over night.
7) Lastly, put a tiny bit of glaze or lacquer inside the pendant tray and center your glass cabochon in place.
If you feel like you are not happy with the results and would like to start over, simply soak the glass in hot water until the glaze begins to breakup. Clean the glass and start again.
This is so easy! In time, you will develop your own style and find what works best for you.